Active Duty Military and Veterans

First, let us say thank you for your service.  We are here to assist in any way we can to help you succeed in our adult programs. If you are looking to use your VA benefits, refer to the steps below to help guide you during the process.


  • For VA education benefits – Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607, apply online at If you have any questions about which benefit to choose call the VA Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.  *If you are currently using your VA Education Benefits at another institution, fill out a 22-1995 (22-5490 for dependents) transfer form.
    • Documents and information to have when applying:
      • You will need your social security number or the number of the veteran you are claiming dependent benefits from
      • Bank account direct deposit information
      • Education and military history
      • Basic information about the school or training facility you want to attend or are attending now
  • For Tuition Assistance, prior to enrolling in your classes, contact your Educational Service Officer or counselor within your unit to see how to apply for tuition assistance.

_____ Complete a WACC Enrollment Application

  • Provide your official military transcripts and/or transcripts from other institutions.
  • Provide your placement test scores (ACT, ACCUPLACER, TEAS, etc.) if applicable.
  • Provide any DSST/CLEP score reports.
  • Submit your military certification form if you are out of state or a foreign resident.

_____ Apply for Federal Student Aid (

_____Submit your authorization for benefits to the Financial Aid office.

  • For VA education benefit submit your certificate of eligibility to the Financial Aid Office.
    • Opt out of benefits: If you decide to opt out of using benefits for a semester please notify the Financial Aid Coordinator, Vanessa Cohron, in writing at [email protected] before the semester begins.
  • For Tuition Assistance, please contact Mrs. Vanessa Cohron at [email protected]